Licensing -- Permits -- Applications

All licenses can be paid with cash or check(payable to City of Rhinelander) and mailed or walk into the Rhinelander City Clerk's Office at 135 S Stevens St., Rhinelander WI 54501.

Business Alcohol Beverage Licensing

Bartender's (Operators) License

Business Licenses

Public Special Events Events that are open to the public like parades, concerts, block parties and fairs

Private Special Events Events that are private (not advertised to the public) like birthday parties, family reunions, block parties, church or school gatherings.

Miscellaneous Permits and Licenses

Hodag Park Boat Launch Permit     Online form

Resident Boat Launch Permit    Paper form-print off and complete

Non-Resident Boat Launch Permit    Paper form-print off and complete

With all Forms above, complete and submit payment to the Rhinelander Clerk's office.
Acceptable forms of payment are cash and checks payable to City of Rhinelander. 
Mail(with a self addressed stamped envelope) or walk in your payment to 135 S Stevens St, Rhinelander WI 54501.                

FEE:  $5 FOR RESIDENTS OF THE CITY OF RHINELANDER(You live in the Rhinelander City Limits)
       $25 FOR NON-RESIDENTS (You live outside the City limits example Sugar Camp, Pelican, Pine Lake, Crescent etc) 
Additional Boat Fee: $10 per boat

City Wide Antlerless Deer Bow Hunt
Fee: Free
Hunter Instructions
Hunter Reporting Instructions
Hunter's/Landowner's Request for Bow Hunting Deer in the City of Rhinelander applications are no longer being accepted for the 23-24 season.  As long as this program is approved by city council in August of 2024, applications will be available for the 24-25 season in September of 2024. 

Dog and Cat License Online Application
Dog and Cat License Paper Application

Please note, Oneida County Board Resolution #32-2023 increased the license fees.
FEE:  $10 per neutered or spayed cat or dog.
         $20 per unaltered cat or dog
         $ 5 late fee per pet if registered between April 1 and December 31

Pet licenses must be obtained yearly and are due by April 1. A late fee of $5.00 shall be assessed against an owner who fails to obtain a license by April 1st of each year. Chapter 174 Wisconsin Statues requires all dogs five months or older be licensed. All pets must be licensed according to City ordinance 4.05.07.  

Burn Permit

Camper Permit(for use inside City Limits)
Camper Permit Ordinance
Fee:  $ 25