Utility Billing Customer Service
Office Hours - Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m except holidays.
The Utility Billing staff is responsible for the billing of water and sewer accounts for the residents of the City of Rhinelander. Utility Billing also handles requests to stop and start service, answer customer inquiries concerning their accounts and handles all billing maintenance entries necessary to send accurate and timely bills to our customers.
Water bills are calculated and billed quarterly. If a utility bill has a due date of Jan 20, then the following bills will be due April 20, July 20 and October 20.
|Billing Schedule Cycles
1) Utility payments can be made in person by cash, check or credit card, at the Rhinelander Clerk's Office at City Hall*.
2) Mail payments (checks payable to Rhinelander Utilities) to Rhinelander Clerk's Office at City Hall*.
3) Drop off check payments, after hours, at City Hall*, in the drop box on the Pelham St side of the building(not the elevator entrance.)
4) Pay online via credit card or check here.
5) Water bills can be automatically withdrawn from a checking or savings account. Sign up for this service using the Direct Pay Authorization form. Submit this form and a voided check to the Water Utility office at City Hall*.
*Rhinelander City Hall, 135 S Stevens St., Rhinelander WI, 54501
Learn how to read your water bill here.
Please note that our office is not in charge of gas and electric utilities, those are managed by Wisconsin Public Service Corp. and their phone number is listed on their contact us page. Ways to save on gas and electric utilities can be found here.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.